Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 29
      @jimroid
      USA
      2015 GT250

I have been oddly interested in the GT250 Naked for a few years and the right one at the right price finally came my way. I bought this yesterday, and it is as close to new as you can get. 231 miles on the odometer. 👍👍 I put 115 miles on yesterday. These are very interesting bikes. That v-twin has a WIDE “power” spread. 6th gear out on the highway, roll into a town at 30mph, and you don’t have to downshift if you choose. I’m in the USA and I suspect the  fueling is very lean( for emission standards)  in the 7500rpm range as it does not like to accelerate from that rpm. It will rev through no problems otherwise. It was very clean when I picked it up, but had to ride in some rain slop for half the ride.

Jim
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 29
      @jimroid
      USA
      2015 GT250

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 133
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

Hi there good little bikes the gt250 I have one & love it.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 813
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Welcome to the forum, man that’s a very clean GT Naked.  We don’t see too many of them with that new facelift front in UK.

It should freely  rev to 10k revs max , as that would be about 90mph which is about right for an EFi bike without redlining it  (They don’t like being redlined anyways for too long except simply to overtake a slow car at high speed)

Perharps also consider it’s still under 600 miles , so you’re still “running it in” meaning go very easy with it for the 1st 1,000 miles.

Take it in for service at 600 miles as per service manual, they will check the clearances are good and compression is great .   in USA, you should still have access to E5 grade fuel, use that forever.   E10 isn’t great on cars or bikes in UK anyway, it’s a wasted economy so to say!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.