Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bry
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @bry1968
      Wales
      Gv125

Hi guys, just bought my wife a 2007 gv125, the regulator isn’t charging the battery enough, its reading about 12.8 with the lights on, at about 3500 revs, I’ve been looking around for a regulator, but they are all silly prices, has any one put one on from another make of bike, as these bikes are mostly replicas of popular well known bike, I was hoping some parts might be the same

Thanks in advance bry

Bry
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @bry1968
      Wales
      Gv125

I’ve decided buy the regulater, from the shop on this site, it might be 60 quid, but working out the pros and cons I think it will be money well spent, oh and the wife will be happy, that the battery will stay fully charged, not like yesterday when I had to rescue her and get bump start the bike so she could home lol

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 387
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Switch on the bike, rev to 5k revs.
      Unplug the stator on the left side of the bike (3pin yellow plug)

Now switch pocket meter to 200v/500v AC = Then put red & black of your meter inside there, (any of the combination of 2 pins inside the stator plug)

Tell us how much power the stator is making before you fit a new reg, because usually they tend to take each other out  (either stator kills the reg or vice versa) but stator usually survives. You won’t know until you get hard figures.

Eg. Pin 1 & 2  = Volts?  // Pin 2 & 3 = Volts?  // Plin 1 & 3 = Volts?
      All 3 combinations above must have the same output  (hence its a 3 phasing stator)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar