Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Moustache Man
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

I have posted about this issue before a while back. I need to access my carbs (GV125 2016 model) so I can clean and rejet them. After taking apart EVERYTHING i could, the carbs were left sandwiched between the giant airbox (surrounded by frame rails so cannot remove) and the engine itself (cannot drop the engine out the bottom, not easily).

I tried to access the carbs whilst they were still attached to the bike, but the screws are made of REALLY soft metal and crumbled away under any force. In desperate need of help here, and have tried everything. They are so clogged and I cannot understand why they are IMPOSSIBLE to access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 366
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,

Maybe a picture of your situation is ideal? Moving on, i do have the GV myself  and even the efi one does have tall throttle bodies!

It may sound like i’ve said this over before, but that’s how i got it done in a past 125 gv , and also the gv250 efi currently

– The engine is loosened a bit with front mount bolt even taken out, then its moved a little, then lowered down via a jack.

– The manifolds are not made any more, so if they crack you will regret stressing them => I would hold the carb while rocking the airbox forwards to the front tyre  , until it slips out of the carb mouths.

The frame bar is permanent, yes it is a strange strange strange design but imagine how they tried to fit the engine and airbox in ?  They have to drop the motor then lift it up , i can’t see the engineers putting the airbox sideways without cursing or popping manifolds lol.

I did *at one time* forced an airbox out sideways , but this was on efi as throttle bodies are metal, so i didn’t fear manifold cracks but people do do that , i have no comments to force a box out sideways on carb’d bikes , so use caution. that’s me out lol.

Speaking of bolts,  oh yes…. unless you have JIS screwdriver those bolts will warp under normal drivers we use and yes..they rust too lol.    I made sure the carbs i have have all  stronger stainless allen ones.

Investing in those is a good idea long term 👍

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Moustache Man
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

Ahh the design is very very irritating, I really hoped there was an easier way round this.

They’ve made it as hard as possible to crack open anything, but why make the carbs hard to access when they need to be maintained often?? That is what I don’t understand.

I’ll have to temporarily try my best with sprays and fuel additives to see if I can at least unclog the carbs, but thanks a lot Marcel, I’ll try and find a way round this one!

John Parker
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 2
      @hysteppes
      Essex
      Gv125c

Hi, I need to reject my carbs on my gv,  did you get to yours in the end. What tips do you recommend?

Moustache Man
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

Hi, I need to reject my carbs on my gv, did you get to yours in the end. What tips do you recommend?

Hello John, apologies for the very late reply, I havent been active on this website since the lockdowns really.

I never got to access my carbs, the closest I got to reaching them was through the side, by taking apart all the fairings and hoses on the left hand side. But Hyosung, cheeky buggers, had fitted the carbs with soft screws, and multiple different screw heads, so when i turned the screws I could access, the head would mash away, making it useless and stuck.

I own a 2016 model, so your best bet will be to try and access them through the side, and take off the jet covers and work on them whilst the carbs are still attached, or use carb cleaner spray, spray it directly into the air filter intake whilst the bike is running, and purchase some fuel additive that cleans CARBS specifically. But most will do the trick, this wont remove ALL gunk from your carbs, but you will notice a slight difference.

The difference i noticed, was that my bike is now able to hold idle at traffic lights, so it doesnt cut out now.

Sorry for the late response again, and sorry I couldnt be that helpful too.

By the looks of your profile, im also from Essex too haha! Based in colchester, ive never seen another Hyosung GV out in the wild, so I might bump into you some day! Look out for the moustache.

Stay safe, and i hope you manage to clean your carbs to a somewhat “okay” fashion.

Ben

John Parker
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 2
        @hysteppes
        Essex
        Gv125c

If your in Essex, I have found a garage willing to do my jets, Pass Bike training in Rochford have a fleet of hyosung 650 bikes, they have a service dept that do full servicing, they are going to so my jets while they do the full service.

for our gv125 bikes to To meet up, find me on the Facebook page of Dengie and south Essex bikers, a fantastic  group of bikers. Hopefully see you there on a rideout.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar