Forums 🚥 PIT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help Accelerating quickly and it seems as if the clutch slips..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Nick Wilkins
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 7
      @wilki1990
      Oxfordshire
      GT650R

Hi There,

I am after some advice.

I have a 2007 GT650R and when i want to accelerate quickly it seems as if the clutch slips, the engine revs increase rapidly but the bike goes no where. The bike is ok when i slowly increase the throttle, but when i get to the high revs there is nothing.

Just wondering if this just the bike, or if there is something wrong? Maybe someone else has encounter the same issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards Nick

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 25
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

Classic clutch slip, how many miles has the bike done?

Nick Wilkins
      @wilki1990
      Oxfordshire
      GT650R

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your quick response.

The clutch was my initial thought, the bike has done around 9,000 miles (off the top of my head).

Is this a common fault with the hyosung gt650r? Am i right in thinking it is a big job / expensive to replace?

Regards Nick.

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 25
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

I would only think its worn that quick if it’s been ridden hard, check the adjustment first, just slacken the cable a little & see if it makes a difference, replacement is easy enough to do its worth changing the small brass washer behind the basket (only found on the 650) as well, one other thing what oil are you using? this could be the problem.

Nick Wilkins
      @wilki1990
      Oxfordshire
      GT650R

Well there are no signs of it been ridden hard by its previous owner and i checked the millage this morning and its only done 8873 miles… so i made some slight adjustments to clutch cable, and added a small amount of Motul semi-synthetic 10w40 oil, then took it out for a little test ride and it seems to be ok, i didn’t have that “clutch slip” feeling when opening the throttle.

Like i said, it was only a quick little test, I am planning on giving it a proper test over the weekend so will let you know how it goes, fingers crossed.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar