Forums 🚥 PiT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help 61 plate gt125r electrical problems

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Simon.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Justin
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      @chubby96
      Norfolk
      Gt125r 2011

I have recently purchased a gt125r got told it had carb problems of course it has an electrical fault aswell 😩 it keep popping the main fuse when I turn the ignition on I’ve check everything over and made sure the earths were clean and plugs were all connected and it’s still blowing them im stuck without a manual can anyone shed some light please

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,641
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

What happens when you unplug the stator and regulator from the bike then add a fuse back on ?

If the bike turns on the dash without the stator or reg connected, you found the issue  (although it’s rare in UK , but dead blown regs actually blow fuses if the rider tries to turn the bike on)

However nothing great about Korea’s charging system even 650cc, so hence we change that to slightly better or go all custom (varies on different models and cc’s )

If unplugging the reg and stator made no differece,  let us know

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Justin
      @chubby96
      Norfolk
      Gt125r 2011

Right so the problem was the license plate light 🤷🏻‍♂️ now that’s sorted it turns over and actually runs which is a result unfortunately it is only running in one cylinder I have checked the spark and it’s present I’ve out a fresh set of plugs in it as the old ones were corroded, do you know what it could be ?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

What colour is the plug sparking on each coil ?
      How are the coils ?
      How does the plug look (if you can attach pictures ?)
      Also watch for the temperamental HT caps  (common)

Henceforward, we tend to change the whole ignition sparking system parts to better items.

Justin
      @chubby96
      Norfolk
      Gt125r 2011

Both sparks look to be alright I done a test on my daily rider and I’d say there naff all difference. What do you mean how are the coils they look in ok condition bit dirty but nowt to worry about all contacts have been cleaned still the same. I’ll get a picture over the weekend strangely there was two different plugs I’m not sure if this is standard 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve never had a hyo or any twin 🤦‍♂️ and okay I’ll browse the shop payday is always dangerous 💸 😂 and yeah I was looking at the coils in the shop the other day

Cheers man you’ve been a massive help thus far

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The coils , i meant checking their primary resistance and also secondary resistance , i mentioned a few times in other threads on how to diagnose certain electric parts with a multi meter , if you browse around, if not i can always dig out a topic and link you directly to it.

And you’re welcome !

Carter
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 19
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

If it’s only running one cylinder and you definately have spark you need to think about intake and compression so 1st thing to do is a compression test it will run on anything above around 60psi not well of course but it would run … If you have good compression you should move to the intake checking for any splits in the manifold make your the jest are clean and carb is set correctly … If you don’t have good compression 1st thing take rocker cover off. And flywheel inspection cap set to tdc and check the valve timing on the compression stroke after the intake valve closes can see timing specs on a free workshop manual for GT @manualslib.com or feel free to ask me for more info if the timing is ok check the head gasket for any damage / leaks and check the piston rings

Justin
      @chubby96
      Norfolk
      Gt125r 2011

Right guys thanks everyone for your help she is up and running but with a slight qwerk 🤨  from idle to full throttle in neutral it’s has a bog/lag around 6-7000rpm but if you have the choke half on it revs to the moon quite happily any ideas

Ps: sorry for not being active much life’s been hectic

Simon
      • Replies: 249
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

It’s a fueling issue jets or galleries in the carbs bit of debris in there.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.