Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Richard
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @50sense
      Norfolk
      Sb50 50cc sense

Hi, I recently purchased a 2000 hyosung sense scooter (SD50) with only 84 genuine klm on the clock. Garage stored and like new.
      first 100 k no problem. Next 200k it started randomly cutting out then started and ran again once cool.
      At 300k the engine suddenly seized.
      stupid plastic oil pump drive gear had stripped teeth and stopped pumping 2 stroke oil. Ok that fault is understood.
      new piston and barrel fitted but no start, nothing.
      I have fuel to plug and I have spark, although I think it’s weak. Timing I think, did seize shear the rotor key way? No, key is fine, all stators check out as per service manual and 48v AC being delivered to cdi unit.
      but …what does confuse me is there is no obvious trigger coil for ignition timing. The CDI unit is wired quite uniquely and I have ordered a new one from Hyosung as nothing I can find matches and I thinking the original cut out problems where cdi related.
      ive now checked everything and all are within manual spec. Help!

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 511
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Have you also tried a new ignition coil , spark plug and plug cap too.

if the spark is there that means the cdi is sending the signal , if not , the cdi wouldn’t be sensing  the engine spinning or feed from the magneto to trigger it to fire the coils.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Richard
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @50sense
      Norfolk
      Sb50 50cc sense

Coil changed, plug is brand new Ngk, haven’t changed cap. Spark seems to be a constant ‘spidery’ affair, not a solid bang, bang, bang spark. That’s why I’m thinking cdi …frankly I can’t think of anything else it can be, it’s highly frustrating

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 511
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Mostly likely would be the CDI or Generator unit on the machine fella, from what i can educatively guess.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar