Forums 🚥 PiT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help 2012 GV250 how to retrieve trouble code

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mike matte
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 1
      @mike042
      usa
      hyosung 2012 GV250

i have efi gv 250 when it gets hot starts stuttering backfireing . and loses power but i can keep it running but got so hot when i made it home muffler turned color.  im thinking maybe oxygen sensor . but want to see codes before tring to buy stuff i may not need.. manual says i need dealer mode selector tool . but must be a way to do it without it?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

i have efi gv 250 when it gets hot starts stuttering backfireing . and loses power but i can keep it running but got so hot when i made it home muffler turned color. im thinking maybe oxygen sensor . but want to see codes before tring to buy stuff i may not need.. manual says i need dealer mode selector tool . but must be a way to do it without it?

The plug where the manual asks you to use the dealer tool,   use a paper clip to bridge across the pins, it is a bad suggestion i know but personally i would be careful doing that as not to short anything but it will do the job  ,    the dealers usually have a “rocker on/off” switch that just plugs in that same port.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.