Forums 🚥 PIT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help 2008 GT250r – Fuel Line Parts – Need help identifying

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      spaulli
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      @spaulli
      Texas
      GT250r

I’ve got a project bike donated by a friend of mine that needs a lot of parts replaced, and there is one in particular I cannot find on any diagram. I’m hoping its simpler than I’m thinking.

The part in question connects from the fuel pump, via rubber tube, into the top of the carbs through a plastic T tube splitter. So it takes the single fuel line and splits it into two lines right at the top of the carbs. The one I have is degraded and leaks fuel all over the top of the carbs anytime the bike starts up.

I have looked for a generic T fuel line splitter and they are always too big for the space. And I cannot find the genuine Hyosung part or part number anywhere. It seems it exists between the space of two drawings in the manuals.

Does anyone know what this is and where I can find one?

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 381
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Check your float levels, so that the carb isn’t overfilling itself , to the point it will leak out of the top pipes near diaphragm covers

The T piece is something Mikuni does but can’t the closest Hyo part number i can find is:
      13357HG5100  =  KR Motors America appears to have it in stock,  so can you ring your local garage where you live to ask KRMA to send it to you or dealer for pickup?

Similarily Yamaha does this on their XJ700/900 bikes in the US with a part number of:
      1j7-14988-00 ===> I must warn, i am not able to verify if this is brass or rubber T (which we want), so best to ring up your local yamaha garage for confirmation.

hope this info helps , good luck.    I think i will get a few myself lol,  i do fix a lot of carbs now days but the T is rarely touched by the owners of bikes.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar