Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      billy
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @barbd0983
      berryville arkansas
      2006 comet gt250r

hello everybody im new here and i was wondering if anybody can help me out with the pinout of a 2006 comet gt 250r cdi unit? please and thank you.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,892
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

hello everybody im new here and i was wondering if anybody can help me out with the pinout of a 2006 comet gt 250r cdi unit? please and thank you.

Hey welcome!
      What seems to be the issue with the CDI unit ? – These things rarely fail unless electrics spiked out to die  (ie, fishy coils  , battery, stator, reg) .

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

billy
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @barbd0983
      berryville arkansas
      2006 comet gt250r

It is not getting power to the coils and i want to make sure the wires going to the cdi unit are in the correct place

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,892
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Sorry i delayed,

Get some pics of the wiring harness plugs and your cdi unit, also show us the part number of the cdi , just incase its the wrong one (GV cdi instead of a GT one.)

Check these also,
      – Primary and Secondary resistance of the ignition coils   (WITHOUT the HT Cap attached)
      – Check Resistance of the HT CAP  on its own   (up to 10k ohms)
      – Check resistance of the stator PULSE (pick up) sensor  (this unit determines sparks, if its too low or dead, no sparks will happen)
      – Check Handle Bar clutch switch  (if its bad, no sparks here either)
      – Side Stand Switch   (bypass it by joining wires, highly encouraged) (make sure to waterproof the wires safely!)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.