Forums 🚥 PiT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help Whining noise from engine in 5th gear only?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mesaboogie
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 5
      @john
      Scotland
      GV125cn Cruiser

Hi All……Just joined the forum and started riding again at the age of 55 plus.

at present riding a GV125cn Cruise 2017 with the hope of passing my bike test within the next 6 months.I’m not an experienced rider, and was hoping that someone could offer some advice regarding my bike

I’ve noticed that when in 5th gear at 40 mph I get a whining noise from the engine,when I speed up the noise gets louder, if I pull the clutch in the whining noise disappears, I’ve done some work on the bike since I bought it second hand thinking this might help fix the problem,  Oil and filter change, new big and small sprocket and chain, new cush drive on rear wheel,replaced front brake pads and rear brake shoes.I noticed when changing the oil there was some very fine metal filings attached to the magnet on the sump bolt, when trying to remove it turned into a black paste

I thought this might be related to the problem. Apparently the previous owner says he had the same problem when he bought it but somehow that sound unlikely he done done a complete oil and filter change just under 12 months ago so it looks like its accumulated over that period.

I’m not really that much of a mechanic so it’s an interesting learning curve and to be frank I’m enjoying every minute but that noise is really bugging me.If anyone can offer any help/advice it would be more than welcomed.

There are one or two more issues regarding starting, and neutral indicator being lit up when in gear occasionally, but hopefully I’ll get round to them soon……. thanks for taking the time to read this……would be great to get a reply……….happy riding

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,639
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

You hit the nail on the head, excessive shavings on sump bolt magnet, whining noise from the clutch system side.    weak Springs . finished Clutch Plates . Metal Discs distorted

This is what the service manual says, which points to your findings…

So it looks like you may need to overhaul your clutch system.

Take a look at this link below  (I go more in detail about the clutch system)…..
      https://hyoriders.club/forums/topic/tutorial-hyosung-gv-gt-125-250-clutch-plates-replacement/

In regards to starting ? Not sure what the starting issue is. You would have to elaborate more.

False N’s can also be clutch system needing attention  or electrical  Gear “N” sensor (next to sprocket )

I say we deal with the clutch first , then see about dealing with the “N” light.

Hope this info helps!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

mesaboogie
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 5
      @john
      Scotland
      GV125cn Cruiser

Hi Marcel

Much appreciate your input, thanks for all your help and will get the clutch checked out  ASAP.

john

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.