• Author
      Ebrahim
      • Topics: 10
      • Replies: 17
      @emojtahedi
      Welwyn Garden City
      GT650R

Hi all

Anybody know how I can buy online pre-cut template clear protection film for the petrol tank.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,614
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The tank is painted by the factory in house ,  does have clear coat on it  (not much i say!) –

Are you repainting the tank? Best to prep it well, then when its all painted, the clear coat can be sprayed over, its called lacquar

Or unless you mean a “cling film” type of  film that’s transparent , to protect from bags etc?
      You can check out getgeared UK, sportsbikeshop, j&saccessories for such things , they may call them by different names, strange lol.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Ebrahim
        @emojtahedi
        Welwyn Garden City
        GT650R

Thanks for reply

My bike is two weeks old with tank pad and my belt or my jacket zip slightly scratched the paint finish, there are 3M clear film pre cut template for various bikes except for Hyosung these can be bought to simply apply wet on petrol tank or to buy a sheet and try to wrap it over petrol tank for protecting the painted surface

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,614
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

there are 3M clear film pre cut template for various bikes except for Hyosung

You can always get a big sheet of it , and some good patience with heating materials (ie. heatgun, & apply it to the areas where scratches are most likely going to happen.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Ebrahim
      @emojtahedi
      Welwyn Garden City
      GT650R

Yes I have to give it a try

cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.