• Author
      Joe M
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 5
      @joecmiller935
      Glasgow
      GV125S

Hey all, this is my first post.

Got myself a new Aquila GV125S recently. Currently loving it. Only issue is I’m finding the mirrors very difficult to see with. Keep having to tuck in my elbows. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacements?

I did think bar ends would be better, but didn’t want to cut up grips before finding some that would definitely fit. Thanks!

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,641
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey 👋
      Welcome to the site , and nice purchase , you may be one of the very few (if any) that have got the efi 125 hyosungs.   If you do some kind of topic-journal on this forum, i will follow it , i might get one who knows!  Got the older design GV250 efi myself

speaking of design, the mirrors you mentioned can have their stalk extended.  A local bike shop near you should have some kind of “mirror stem riser extension” (I am not sure about ebay as i rarely quote chinese sellers lol, but check out AmazonUK though!)

It has a male and female ends, so you put your normal mirrors on it and the stem extension goes back inside the handlebars,  this way the mirrors are lifted up (height wise).  You would need to confirm thread size on your current mirrors (I couldn’t confirm off my head right now)

As for bar ends, I don’t really bother with them personally because they vibrate to the point you can’t see clearly  and i’m always filtering the traffic , so i’d rather they didn’t get knocked off lol.    To be fair most are cheaply made for that reason.

You could checkout J&S Accessories website for mirrors ,  i did get some from that shop  (the normal tall aftermarket ones, they did me fine on the GT125 comet, it wasnt some kind of knock-off that would give problems later).  They were 10 mins away from me ,  though i have no idea about their store locations near you but do do online orders im sure.

Waiting for the GV125S to get enough riders, then i should do few ‘plug-n-play’ accessories for it. I really want to… {using my own test bed even!}

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Joe M
      @joecmiller935
      Glasgow
      GV125S

Hey Marcel, thanks for the recommendation. I’ll have a look into stalk extensions and will let you know how it goes. Unfortunately not managed to get out much due to the current lockdown. Hopefully it doesn’t last for too long now that the weather has finally improved 🙈

Joe M
      @joecmiller935
      Glasgow
      GV125S

So after much waiting for stock and delivery, finally got hold of some mirror extensions that fit. Main issue is both left and right mirror threads are in reverse so getting two reverse thread extensions in the correct size was a bit of a struggle. But got them and they’re now fitted.

Appears to much improve visibility as can easily see past my elbow now. Hopefully will get out on an actual ride soon, with all this lockdown malarky going on ☹️

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Looks good fella! – Being able to see the odd twat behind you is always ideal before any evasive action lol.   Well done!

I’ve started to slowly put small bits up for this bike,  one of the big exclusive bits i’m eager to do is the 520 chain conversion kit that everyone raves about on the carby bikes . I may possibly PM you or someone else i know with the EFi GV to be a guinea pig to test the kit.  I’ve seen that stock does 75  (just like the old GV125 carby, but i get texts now of 87 ish at best on the 520s but max chain does is 94) . If i can make the EFI GV125 push beyond 85 without loosing the crucial acceleration , then we have won lol.    If i think of something else to do also , i’ll probs make sure this site does it lol.   Who knows, my brain doesn’t stop haha.

Dave
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 2
      @bikerbean1981
      Poole
      Aquila gv125

Morning

I have purchased the mirror extenders from J&S.

Bike it Mirror Extender 10mm Yamaha

However, i have discovered that it came with a reverse thread bolt into the motorcycle.

Am i right in thinking that the bolt to the bike should be a normal thread? if so its just an M10 bolt?

i got it yesterday and could not work out which bolt is reversed?

any help on this would be great. 😀

Joe M
        @joecmiller935
        Glasgow
        GV125S

On my bike both left and right mirrors were reverse thread. I ended up having to order two reverse thread bolts and extenders off eBay.

Dave
      • Replies: 2
      @bikerbean1981
      Poole
      Aquila gv125

Ok so the ones I bought do not work.
      wobbles on the bolt holding the extender to the bike

any chance you can link the ones you purchased as I’m now not sure which ones to buy?

any help would be ideal.

Joe M
        @joecmiller935
        Glasgow
        GV125S

For some reason my phone won’t let me share the link so have screenshotted the item and the seller. Should find it with a quick search, mate. 🏍️🏍️

Jase
      • Replies: 3
      @jase07mc
      Glossop
      Aquila gvs125

Joe, could you copy in a link to the risers you got please. I have been having real trouble trying to get some from shops and online as they either don’t fit or threads aren’t correct.

Many thanks

Jase

Joe M
      @joecmiller935
      Glasgow
      GV125S

Sorry folks, I thought I’d posted this ages ago, but I must have totally forgotten.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-It-Motorcycle-Mirror-Extender-Black-10mm-Reverse-Thread/121336659799?pageci=1b86a4cf-aac2-4a80-a93c-534f68782d06&epid=1307964498

You’ll need to buy two obviously as both sides are reverse thread.

DaveyCat
      • Replies: 1
      @daveycat
      Melbourne , Australia
      2016 650GT

In regard to bar ends, on the Hyosung’s are they one piece or are you able to take the end off to replace with an aftermarket one? Or likewise do I have to replace the whole clip on?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

In regard to bar ends, on the Hyosung’s are they one piece or are you able to take the end off to replace with an aftermarket one? Or likewise do I have to replace the whole clip on?

If you have the naked GT it should have a straight bar with factory bar ends already.

The GT650S and 650R have solid clip ons yes.  they are still the most bolt on clipons due to the fact top fork clamp holds them extra secure by 1 additional bolt. Look under neath one you may see what i was saying.

Aftermarkets tend to be chinese made universals not something i would dare fit myself.  yes other brands may fit the fork size , how to stop them rotating (forbid) is another question. Even though they are tight on fork without additional bolt assissted by top fork clamp, i still have better confidence from oem ones.

There may be a way to do it to original fork clamped clipons but time & effort?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.