• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ian.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      dave
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      @rddg
      malaga
      gv 125

Hi, new member here. I’ve effed up on an oil change on a 2005 gv 125 and removed the neutral cam stopper plug bolt and now it wont go in gear. are there any tips or tricks to wriggle everything back in place or do i have to pull the whole thing apart? I’m gratefull for any help.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,614
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

You may want to drain the oil.

Put back the plug with the spring in the right order ,  spin the wheel until you can select first gear  (center stand) or rise the rear. Leave engine off.

Pray no damage was done when engine was running cause the gearbox does have a cam shaft of its own.

Hope this can quickly fix it and let us know.  Id hate to pull it apart too.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

dave
      @rddg
      malaga
      gv 125

Thankyou, I’ll give that a try. Hopefully I’m lucky stripping it down is not how I want to spend my Sunday.

dave
      @rddg
      malaga
      gv 125

No go on popping It back in im afraid. I removed the clutch cover so i could get a peek through the holes at the gears while i turned the wheel and the missus jiggled the gear lever. Nothing seemed to be moving other than one Cog on the far side.  Im now trying to remove the engine to take It to a proper mechanic, but, i have been scuppered again. One fastener on each of the exhaust pipes is an elongated nut the other is what appears to be a rivet. Is this right as It would seen a lot if buggering about just to get an exhaust off? Once again thankyou in advance For any info.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,614
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The exhaust headers use 1x security dot torx and 1 normal tall nut, these torx heads are some of the most annoying fasteners to use on a motorcycle header , but i suspect korea did this as some kind of anti tempering if the bike was still under some warranty

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Ian
      @waytoorowdy
      Winslow
      GV 125

How did you get on with this? Did you get your cam neutral to engage properly again?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.