♠️ MARCEL
Admin
  • Topics: 45
  • Replies: 1,614
@mf448kxn6
North UK
GTR

Hi guys anyone stripped a hyosung gt125r 2016 engine down? Mine needs a new Crank as three tiny teeth that the timing chain goes to has snapped. Wasn’t running at the time,as just pressed the starter. How easy is it to replace.

Yikes 🙁  , that’s not good! –  If you need a good crank , cam chains (which should be on my ebay), NEW tensioners, gasketing , etc send a message to be sorted, unless you’re good to go.

The valve heads & cylinders would come out ofcourse, then the longer task is splitting the halves of the engine bottom end.  You would be best with common bike engine crank splitting multi-tools.  It won’t be ABC since you want to be slow and remember where the gearing bits went etc where if something falls out while splitting the motor.   Taking a lot of pictures helps!

Remember the hyosung uses BOND 1215 to seal the middle halves of the crank casings.

Downloading one of the vtwin hyosung service manuals on the forum gives you insight of a process of splitting the engine
(650 is not the same engine as 125 but principal job is similar ,  and only the 125 + 250 use same timings)
(the 125 especially 2016 uses a slimmer flywheel , just look at the shop gallery of its stator kit, a tool for it was needed)

clutch side is not the same as 250 either (smaller)
but you said “crank teeth” this is assumed the front chain where the problem was anyway  rather than the rear side behind the clutch basket (different situation)

I’ve stripped working engines many times to sell spares , so trust me, it’s not a job you want to rush on lol.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....