- Topics: 38
- Replies: 519
Usually the service manuals tell you how do it. I was going to do a tutorial myself but been too far busy lol, this included clearances check etc.
It would take me 2 pages to do it but i’ll try next time i fix someone’s hyosung again.
To cut to the chase.
- flywheel should be marked F or R for rear or front. Leave it there.
- front or rear cams ===> EX is always #2 ^ | facing 100% accurately upwards | ^ (Straight vertical) or in other words, the EX cam always has a “DASH”__________ on the end of the of spindle — that DASH____ is always 100% straight horizontal line with the EDGE of the engine cover
- Any exhaust cam (front or rear) . look at sprockets for numbers.
Now , intakes cam (any side) (IN cams)
- Intake cam sprocket #3 faces 90% upwards (10% tilted to the RIGHT)(whichever side you look at, the #3 must be a little towards RIGHT like this> / instead of a straight line> |
- Between the number 2 and 3 ===> there is 16 links on the chain. (count 16 dots on the chain between #2 and #3 marked on the sprockets
REAR CAM LOBES look like this //ex \\in (125cc usually)
FRONT CAM LOBES ==> 100% away from each other <==ex in==> (in 125cc in this case.)
I think you got this! Let us know how you get one. I’ll find time to write deeper picture-based guides of these things. If in doubt, you can always look at the vtwin manuals in the forum.
// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....