NIGEL
  • Topics: 1
  • Replies: 2
@littlespring
Riding:
GV125 AQUILA (2017)

Hi Marcel,

Many thanks for replying to my enquiry with regards to the dealer.  My brother said exactly the same word’s to me as you did, but when face to face with a so-called professional who tell’s you that they don’t issue service checklists anymore, I was’nt going to put him in a half nelson and demand one !  On one of my rides recently I came across another biker who recommended a fully qualified motorcycle mechanic (Ben Adgie) with some 35 years experience in the trade.  His business is 20 miles away (only a further 5 miles on from the idiot dealer !).  When I get the chance to speak to him, I will ask if he issues a service checklist and if he would be willing to work on my bike.  I have downloaded the owner’s and service manuals (thank’s Marcel), at least now when I do some maintenance on the bike I’ve got some reference to work to.  I have alway’s looked after whatever vehicle I’ve owned and am keen to make sure my bike is as well.  I am going to order a new oil filter and ‘O’ rings and change the oil myself, I’ll be sure to get some decent oil as well.  I’ve clocked-up 1200 mls and according to the owner’s manual the next service is due around 2500 mls.  Will I be okay to leave it till then to get the valve clearance checked/adjusted and anything else that’s not within my capability.  I can do most thing’s myself and other’s, if somebody shows me first then quite happy to “ave a go”.  It’s a pity you don’t live abit closer to where I am then I could call on your service’s Marcel, anyway you’ve got your day job.  I have been interested in the recommendation’s re: up-grades such as coil, fuel lines, engine mounting bolts etc.  Would you suggest I leave it till something play’s up or up-grade as & when I want to ?  Many thanks for your help Marcel, going to sign off now.

A safe ride to you, regard’s Nigel.

Skip to toolbar