Jun 16, 2018 at 9:25 PM #1293
- Topics: 38
- Replies: 447
As Daniel says too, I have my suspicions on the regulator. How about this, what i’m about to say is direct of the workshop book I have been reading…
- Start the bike, Rev to 2.5 – 3,000 rpm. It “MUST” say 14.5 or over
Any 13v readings whatsoever = The regulator needs inspecting/replacing.
OEM rating = 14 – 15 (15v best)
- What lights do you have ? – main headlight bulb must be 55w max (Some OLDER GV bikes need 35w instead)
- Depending on your model – If there is a “HYOSUNG” 30/20A relay on it, inspect that one too. I know it’s on ALL GTR bikes to power their dual lights.
- Battery will be 12.8volts when bike is OFF (charged)
- Switch on the bike -> Don’t start -> Put All lights on. The battery must not DROP by 1 volt. (12.8 dropping to 12.6 is normal)
Let us know how you get on!
// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....